Tips and tricks to successfully create your Online Portfolio
Aug. 30, 2012
An impressive portfolio is half your battle! Here are the most important tips and tricks to create a successful online portfolio and rock the world wide web!
1. Keep it simple! Reduce the number of pages, only integrate relevant content.
2. Know your audience. Who are you creating your portfolio for? What are your target groups? What do you want to tell them?
3. Only integrate short texts, especially on your "About" page. No one wants or has the time to read a novel about you. But try to be specific about your talents and you as a person.
4. Reluctant use of Social Media! Social Media is important to transport your message, but don't overdo it. Embed your channels intelligently, only embed the ones you are using for business, don't embed your private channels. Also be reluctant with Share-Buttons. Don't "beg" for Likes. If you're good, the audience will come by itself.
5. Only integrate a reduced CV with the most relevant schools and work experiences for your actual profession (no kindergarten, college, ...).
6. Only use high quality pictures on your portfolio!
7. Update your portfolio regularly. Nothing worse than old news on top of your page. Regular new content also makes you more relevant for Google searches.
8. Include all the relevant keywords in the texts and in the title bar of your portfolio. Google does not follow keywords entered in the back-end anymore. And make sure all your friends and business partners link to your page to make your website more relevant for Google.
9. Last but not least: use ALLYOU to create your Online Portfolio!
And you never want to use anything else...